LIFEGUARD BLENDED LEARNING CLASS
Learn the skills and knowledge required to become an American Red Cross lifeguard, including how to recognize, prevent and respond quickly to aquatic emergencies. Learn CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, and First Aid. This course incorporates in-person, in-water, and online components. For more information, contact Missy Contri.
LIFEGUARD REVIEW CLASS
Review the skills and knowledge including how to recognize, prevent and respond quickly to aquatic emergencies. Including CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, and First Aid. This course incorporates in-person and in-water skills. Participants must have a current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification or a recently expired certification. Contact Missy Contri at [email protected] for course dates. For more information, contact Missy Contri.
PRE-COURSE SWIM TEST
- You must be at least 15 years of age for Lifeguarding before the last day of the training class to participate.
- 300 Yard continuous swim of freestyle or breaststroke
- Brick Test – Complete in 1 minute, 40 seconds- Swim 20 yards, surface dive to 7ft, retrieve a 10-pound brick at the bottom of the pool, return to the surface, swim on the back holding a brick to starting position, and exit the water.
- Tread Water - 2 minutes legs only, no arms
HOW TO REGISTER?
Registration can be done at the front desk or online.
- To register online, go to the Y's website
- You will need to log in or create an account to see what classes are available.
- The easiest way to find the Lifeguard classes is to type "Lifeguard" into the search box.
- The classes will come up, pick the ones that you can attend and then finish out the registration process.